Wednesday, March 12, 2008

StumbleUpon Menagerie 2

  • A light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek viral vid of a hospital plagued with an outbreak of ailments from popular urban legends.

  • A list of Dr. Parodies, one of my favorites being this Freudain analysis of Cat in the Hat:
    After poohpoohing the righteous rantings of the waterlogged Christ figure, the Cat begins to juggle several icons of Western culture, most notably two books, representing the Old and New Testaments, and a saucer of lactal fluid, an ironic reference to maternal loss the two children experienced when their mother abandoned them "for the afternoon." Our heroic Id adds to this bold gesture a rake and a toy man, and thus completes the Oedipal triangle.

  • Virtual Spirograph - great fun!

  • Amusing, biting comic with which I agree:

  • The Twenty Science Fiction Novels That Will Change Your Life - I do question the abscence of the Ender's books, but they get kudos for including a novel by Cory Doctorow of my favorite blog, BoingBoing.

  • A totally awesome list of videos of building demolitions. This is one of my favorites, mainly because you can see so much of the explosion illuminating the inside of the building:

  • And finally, a picture (thanks to my neighbor Brittany) of a car which drove through the front of the 7-11 down the street. Another of my neighbors, Doug, was in the store and literally 5 feet from the car when it crashed through the window. The guy was so trashed that he was actually trying to back out of the store. I guess he was hoping for a drive-thru.

No comments: